Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

PVBiochar.org forum RSS feed

Author Topic: July 2013 Monthly PVBI Meeting Agenda  (Read 3441 times)

AlanPage

• Research Forester
    • View Profile
    • Common Good Forestry
July 2013 Monthly PVBI Meeting Agenda
« on: July 21, 2013, 07:28:34 PM »

The normal Monthly PVBI Meeting will be held at NESFI Jackson St. Belchertown, MA on July 30, 2013 at 7:00PM.

The agenda is being collected so if you have any areas for consideration pease add them as a comment or send them to me, Alan Page at; alan@greendiamondsystems.com.

Issues to date:
Symposium update by Karen Ribeiro
Progress on Biochar documentary by Dick Stein
Renewable energy hearing and fall out from that by Alan Page
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 06:00:42 AM by AlanPage »

site administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Ju;y 2013 Monthly PVBI Meeting Agenda
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 09:31:04 AM »

I will be in Michigan so won't be able to make this months meeting.

AlanPage

• Research Forester
    • View Profile
    • Common Good Forestry
Re: July 2013 Monthly PVBI Meeting Agenda - Additions
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 05:59:07 AM »

Agenda Items:
Karen has indicated that she has a lot of material that should be covered in some form on Tuesday evening.  The following note came from Dr. Stein. I'm sure that Judy has material to report on local activity.  We will have to collectively decide on how much time is available to each presenter before we start.  I suggested to Dr. Stein that he could come early and show the documentary clip starting at 6:45 PM.  See you there at 7:00 or before.
Alan Page
--------------------------
Dear Alan,

For the Aug.30th PVBI meeting, I’d appreciate putting the following on the agenda:

!.  A discussion of the proposed documentary and showing of the Draft.

2.   2. A request has been made to the UMass Chancellor for assistance with the documentary and he has passed this on to the UMass AV Center who has contacted me for recommendations.  I presume that assistance with other areas of need might be obtained from him. I should like to obtain suggestions for specific requests. A pdf with information on the contact is attached

3. A discussion of the symposium on Climate to be held in Springfield on Sept. 28th by the Climate Action Now group.  I am organizing a Workshop at this on “Food and Agriculture” and would welcome involvement.

4. A discussion of the meeting with Steve Heller and possible use of biochar in dealing with the citrus “greening disease” that threatens the Florida citrus industry.

5. Funds, estimated to about $1,500, are available from July 1, 2013 from interest on the UMass Sustainability Endowment.  I should like to make recommendations for their disbursement from PVBI. I have requested from UMass Development Office information about amount available and procedures.

I’m writing this at the lake where we’re spending the weekend and will Sunday evening when I’m back in Amherst.  I’ll try phoning you then or on Monday morning. While here, I’ve been writing something I call “Technology and Jobs” that I’ll attach that was inspired by an article entitled “How Technology Is Destroying Jobs” that contended that technology growth could have undesirable consequences. I differ from this view and feel that society could benefit from such technology advances providing they are done right.  Effort is needed to be sure that they are.  What do you think?.

Regards,

Dick

Richard S. (Dick) Stein

AlanPage

• Research Forester
    • View Profile
    • Common Good Forestry
Re: July 2013 Monthly PVBI Meeting Agenda
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 06:05:12 AM »

Regarding Symposium coverage:
PVBI has a specific and very prominent Forum tab for the Symposium.  I note that there are no recent additions to this area.  I also know that there are extensive discussions recorded in a Teamworks notebook.  I suggest that there certainly are major areas that require specific tasking of particular PVBI members or group consensus, but the public meeting is a time for coverage of the full range of PVBI endeavor which has a much broader scope than the Symposium has evolved to have.
Al

AlanPage

• Research Forester
    • View Profile
    • Common Good Forestry
Re: July 2013 Monthly PVBI Meeting Agenda
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 06:14:31 AM »

A new version of Gasland - Gasland 2 and comments that all should see:
http://www.grinzo.com/energy/

colts
colts